TheBigHouse

A place for random thoughts on sports, politics and life.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Change...?

I, like everyone else in the free world, watched the inauguration of Barack Obama with great interest. Mine was to see if he would perform a miracle there, or wait until after the sermon on the mount.

Please understand, I did not vote for President Obama, but plan to give him nothing but 100% support. I think he is a great speaker and motivator and these are times that call for motivation. What I do not like is the idea that opportunities were created yesterday that were not there the day before.

I know George Bush had several shortcomings. He made mistakes. But does anyone remember a little thing called 9-11? It kind of had some negative impact on the world, the economy and our lives. What kills me is that the same people who demanded to know how this could happen are the same people who now protest the war and military action. Guess what, sometimes in order to clean something, you have to get your hands dirty. I hope to God that President Obama does not have to make the choices President Bush had to. I further hope that people are slower to blame Obama if tough choices have to be made.

I am also concerned that people are expecting too much from President Obama. I heard a lady on the news yesterday exclaim how excited she was because she doesn't have to pay taxes anymore. When people realize that it's not all fixed, will they come down harder on Obama? I hope not, but it feels like it is setting up that way. I also hear people say higher income households should have to pay more- that it's not fair they pay the same as lower income households do. I hate to point out, they already do. When you take a percentage of income, that amount rises as the income does.

Finally, I made the mistake of watching a celebrity promotion about how they were going to do all of these great things now. Dedicate themselves to the world and our president. My question is this - what was Bush doing to stop you from all of this greatness before?

Change is needed, but it needs to come from people who refuse to make decisions that are are difficult...the road less traveled. I am afraid of what will happen when people realize that. Fact is the world is no different today than it was yesterday. Change is easier said than done.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Carolyn Moebest said...

I am going to change the subject because thats about all anyone really can change that is outside of whatever it is tht they are doing, or at least doing wrong. Would you consider the "Old" Jim Carrey from a Series of Unfortunate Events" funny? I actually thought that was the funniest I have ever seen him do.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well well
8 years of college can produce something besides 4 on the floor and mag wheels

 

Post a Comment

<< Home