TheBigHouse

A place for random thoughts on sports, politics and life.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Funny, Not Funny

I was watching the Daily Show a while back, and it occurred to me that Jon Stewart is not funny. I am fairly sure he thinks he is, but he is not. The man who used to say he was not a political pundit because he leads into a show with puppets now acts like a political pundit. Did the puppet program become that much more important? It is clear that Jon Stewart thinks he did.

Here are some people I think are funny, and not funny.

Funny- Rob Corddry. That guy is hilarious. Do yourself a favor and look up some of his videos. They make me laugh out loud.

Not Funny- Jon Stewart....see above.

Funny- Steve Martin. Verstatile, talented and introspective. The guy went from The Jerk (hilarious) to Roxanne (clever) and beyond. One of my all time favorites.

Not Funny- Jeff Foxworthy. I know he is a good guy, but the next funny thing I hear from him will be the first since the first time I ever saw him. Maybe the next gig should be..."If you can't think of anything funny to say, your career may have already peaked."

Funny- Old Jim Carey. Dumb and Dumber, Liar Liar...hilarious.

Not Funny- New Jim Carey...What happened?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home