TheBigHouse

A place for random thoughts on sports, politics and life.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Heroes and Stuff

I find I have more heroes every day.

I find out why they are that way every day.

The reason I have not written in so long is I didn't want to write over the story of Lance Corporal Anthony Melia. Now I have to.

In addition to Anthony, you can read below about another hero, my wife, who beat cancer. Now my original, and #1 hero has been struck by cancer. The greatest man I know, Angelo P. Calfo, has been diagnosed with colon cancer. He is reminding me why I admire him so much with his approach and confidence against this disease. He has made sure we are all taking it in stride and he is confident he will win this one. I am too. My friends always told me that no one commanded respect like my dad. I know cancer will find out the same.

There is one other thing on my mind. Is there a real life ignore feature I can use when Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell speak?

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Blog! I especially liked the "People Id like to Punch" entry. Great Stuff....you could almost blog solely with that topic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home