TheBigHouse

A place for random thoughts on sports, politics and life.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Lie Back and Take It

Coach Bobby Knight once said, "if rape is inevitable, why not just lie back and take it?". A comment he regrets, but one that hit very close to home last night as I watched the Kings lose to the worst team in hockey- the Washington Capitals...at home no less.

I am not and Andy Murray guy. I think the guy is a hack, and his act grows hold very quickly. He seems like a good man, but I know a lot of good men who should not be coaching the Kings. The Kings played the heaviest team in the league last night. They responded with a team that could have wrestled 141's. Jeff Giuliano- aka "energy guy"- was called up to fill the roster spot Jeff Cowan vacated when injured. I always hear great things about Jeff, but the fact is that a 175 pound forward who can't score, fight, hit, create or agitate is not the answer. Is that AM's fault or Dave Taylor's? Not sure. I know that if DT got a big, physical player, he would play about 3 minutes with 17 different line combinations and be rendered as useless as any other forward the Kings have.

Here is the problem. I haven't purchased a ticket since the Kings traded Rob Blake, because I think the organization is full of it. Major market teams that salary dump elite players are doing something wrong. I put it behind me and bought tickets for Saturday. Then I watched the game last night....

I could see the red sweater and the white hair. I could hear those words as I eased into my recliner....

Just lie back and take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home